Frequently Asked Questions
I’ve listed answers to most frequently answered questions below. If I’ve missed anything, please post your question on the contact form at the bottom of this page.
How is Jeff Schuster different that other business coaches?
Business Expertise & Life Coaching Skills: Jeff Schuster combines 30-years of business experience with superior life coaching skills to help his clients break through external and internal obstacles.
- Certified life coaches do a great job at helping their clients break through internal obstacles, but come up empty when it’s time to advise a business owner client. Jeff’s experience in starting, growing and selling a multi-million dollar business allows him to advise clients when they run into business obstacles that require proven business advice.
- Business consultants fall short when they try to force their clients to accept cookie-cutter advice that often doesn’t apply to their client’s unique situation. Jeff’s ICF Certified Life Coaching credentials and experience give him the ability to go beyond business advice and get to the root of thinking that is preventing his clients from moving forward.
Jeff combines his expertise, experience and life coaching skills to help his clients create custom solutions that are unmatched in the business coaching world.
How much time will I invest in a coaching relationship?
Business coaching is designed to integrate with your daily activities as a business owner. You will invest an hour for each coaching session (usually over the phone). Homework will be assigned at the end of each coaching session and is completed prior to the next coaching session. This homework is designed to integrate with your work load and move you forward in the objectives you’ve identified within the coaching relationship. Homework will not add to your existing work load, instead it will improve the impact of your work activities.
What frequency of coaching sessions should I sign up for?
I offer weekly, bi-weekly and monthly individual coaching options. Weekly sessions are the best overall value and included a scheduled coaching session at a specific time and day each week. Bi-Weekly sessions are scheduled every other week. Monthly sessions will be scheduled on a specific day each month (i.e. 1st Monday of each month).
The frequency of coaching session will set the pace for your progress. If you feel like you want to move at a slower pace, monthly coaching sessions may be most appropriate for you. If you want to move at a fast pace, weekly sessions tend to get my clients moving quickly. Clients will often sign up for weekly sessions at first; and then reduce the frequency as they make advancements in their business.
How long will coaching last?
The duration of the coaching relationship may vary for different clients. However, the minimum coaching contract I offer is 6-months. In this 6-month period, you may purchase 6-sessions (monthly), 13-sessions (bi-weekly), or 26-sessions (weekly). I encourage most of my clients to engage in coaching for at least a one year period.
What is your style of business coaching?
In business coaching there are two distinct obstacles that I experience with my clients: 1) internal; and 2) external.
An internal obstacle is a way of thinking that is preventing my client from moving forward. When I encounter an internal obstacle, I use Core Energy Coaching skills; and ask powerful open-ended questions to help my clients expand their thinking and navigate their way forward. I find that this creates a sustainable solution for my client and helps them better self-identify the same issue in the future.
An external obstacle is often based on inexperience in some business fundamental that my client is unaware. I educate my client on the critical business fundamental they are overlooking.
I combine both of these techniques in my business coaching style to ensure my business owner clients create a profitable business.
How much do you charge for business coaching?
I charge for coaching based on the frequency and content of my coaching relationship with my client.
- $777 per month: Weekly 1-on-1 coaching sessions*
- $447 per month: Bi-Weekly 1-on-1 coaching sessions*
- $227 per month: Monthly 1-on-1 coaching sessions*
- $250 – Business Wheel Coaching Session
- $177 – Energy Leadership Index assessment
* All coaching relationships must have a minimum duration of 6-months. Clients will be billed monthly in advance at the first of each month for coaching services.
What if I want to get out of a coaching relationship after I have started?
My intent with coaching is that my client makes demonstrable progress after each coaching session. If that’s not the case, my client has the ability to cancel our coaching relationship and receive a refund on any coaching sessions they have paid for in advance.
What results can I expect, if I invest in coaching with Jeff Schuster?
Results vary from client to client based on their stated goals in our coaching relationship. In coaching business owners, most of my clients achieve financial results in excess of fees they pay me as their coach. My clients improve their business finances by improving in one or multiple areas of of the Business Wheel; which includes: Personal Life, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, Growth, Staffing and Legacy.
Other results for my clients include: vision clarity, leadership skills, stopping micro-management, communication skills, work/life balance, life enjoyment, ability to delegate, and highly functioning organizations.
What happens in a typical coaching session?
A typical coaching session is conducted over the phone. Personal meetings can be arranged, if clients are located in the Denver Metropolitan area. Each coaching session lasts 1-hour and has three components: 1) Debrief Homework; 2) Work; and 2) Assign Homework.
- Debrief Homework (5-min): We will review the homework assignment from the previous session to see how it went and the results that the client experienced. No judgement.
- Work (50-min): At the start of this section, I ask the same question each time, “What would you like to work on today?” My clients tell me what they want to work on in their business. On rare occasions, they ask me to identify the topic that will help them best. We then dig into the topic and uncover any external or internal opportunities for growth. This is the place where epiphanies take place.
- Assign Homework (5-min): Based on the results of the work, homework is assigned that integrates with the operation of my client’s business. This homework is designed to move my client forward in their business.
My clients make progress from session to session through this system of accountability and epiphanies about how they can think and act differently as leaders of their business. This change in thinking results in improved financial results, better workplace environments for employees, and a dramatically improved home life.
If you have a question I didn't answer above, ask away...
In order to grow, a business owner needs to successfully move through four phases of business ownership. And to move through these four phases of business owners, that same business owner must learn to automate. When I say “automate”, I’m not talking about machines or computers… I’m talking about creating systems where people thrive and grow.
Elmer senses a low level of energy in his business that he can’t quite identify. He’s convinced that he is the source of his demotivated employees, but he doesn’t know what he can do to get his staff excited about their work. Elmer learns some cool tricks on having his employees motivate themselves when he discovers how to energize his workplace.
Michelle grew her hobby of making masks into a real business. Or at least that’s what she thought until she looked at her dismal checking account balance and discovered she was making no money. She quickly discovered five steps to rapidly turn around her money-losing business.