Frequently Asked Questions
I’ve listed answers to most frequently answered questions below. If I’ve missed anything, please post your question on the contact form at the bottom of this page.
How is Jeff Schuster different that other business coaches?
Business Expertise & Life Coaching Skills: Jeff Schuster combines 30-years of business experience with superior life coaching skills to help his clients break through external and internal obstacles.
- Most certified life coaches do a great job at helping their clients break through internal obstacles, but come up empty when it’s time to advise a business owner client. Jeff’s experience in starting, growing and selling a multi-million dollar business allows him to advise clients when they run into a business obstacle that requires sound business advice.
- Most business consultants fall short when they try to force their clients to accept cookie-cutter advice that often doesn’t apply to their client’s unique situation. Jeff’s ICF Certified Life Coaching credentials and experience give him the ability to go beyond business advice and get to the root of thinking that is preventing his clients from moving forward.
Jeff combines his expertise, experience and life coaching skills to create custom solutions that are unmatched in the business coaching world.
Guaranteed Results: While most coaches are reluctant to commit to specific results, Jeff is not shy about making and following through on result claims.
eLearning Coaching Platform: Jeff Schuster Business Coaching augments the vast resources of the JSBC eLearning Coaching Platform that most business coaches simply don’t have. This platform allows Jeff’s clients to do a lot of the work outside of 1-on-1 coaching interactions saving them tons of unnecessary 1-on-1 coaching fees; and getting clients immediate marketing and sales results.
How much time will I invest in a coaching relationship?
Business coaching is designed to integrate with your daily activities as a business owner. You will invest an hour for each coaching session (usually over the phone). Homework will be assigned at the end of each coaching session and is completed prior to the next coaching session. This homework is designed to integrate with your traditional work load and is designed to move your forward in the objectives you have stated you want to achieve within the coaching relationship. Homework will not add to your existing work load, but instead is designed to replace current activities with more-productive activities.
What frequency of coaching sessions should I sign up for?
I offer weekly, bi-weekly and monthly coaching options. Weekly sessions are the best overall value and included a scheduled coaching session at a specific time and day each week. Bi-Weekly sessions are scheduled every other week. Monthly sessions will be scheduled on a specific day each month (i.e. 1st Monday of each month).
The frequency of coaching session will set the pace for your progress. If you feel like you want to move at a slower pace, monthly coaching sessions may be most appropriate for you. If you want to move at a fast pace, weekly sessions tend to get my clients moving quite fast. It is often the case where clients will sign up for weekly sessions at first; and then reduce the frequency as they make advancements in their business.
How long will coaching last?
The duration of the coaching relationship may vary for different clients. However, the minimum coaching contract I offer is 6-months. In this 6-month period, you may purchase 6-sessions (monthly), 13-sessions (bi-weekly), or 26-sessions (weekly). I encourage most of my clients to engage in coaching for a one year period.
What is your style of business coaching?
In business coaching there are two distinct obstacles that I experience with my clients: 1) internal; and 2) external.
An internal obstacle is a way of thinking that is preventing my client from moving forward. When I encounter an internal obstacle, I use my life coaching skills; and ask several powerful open-ended questions to help my clients expand their thinking around a particular obstacle and navigate their way around that obstacle. I find that this creates a sustainable solution for my client and helps them better self-identify the same issue in the future.
An external obstacle is often based on inexperience in some business fundamental that my client is unaware of in the function of their business. In this case, I educate my clients either through my Online Coaching Platform or through some of my personal business expertise in a coaching session.
I combine both of these techniques in my business coaching style to ensure my business owner clients move forward.
How much do you charge for business coaching?
I charge for coaching based on the frequency and content of my coaching relationship with my client.
- $997 per month: Weekly 1-on-1 coaching sessions plus access to the eLearning Coaching Platform.
- $777 per month: Weekly 1-on-1 coaching sessions
- $647 per month: Bi-Weekly 1-on-1 coaching session plus access to the eLearning Coaching Platform
- $447 per month: Bi-Weekly 1-on-1 coaching sessions
- $427 per month: Monthly 1-on-1 coaching sessions plus access to the eLearning Coaching Platform
- $227 per month: Monthly 1-on-1 coaching sessions
- $200 per month: Access to the eLearning Coaching Platform
- $177 – Energy Leadership Index assessment
All coaching relationships must have a minimum duration of 6-months. I also include an Energy Leadership Index assessment at the start of any 1-on-1 coaching relationship at no additional cost.
Clients will be billed monthly in advance at the first of each month for coaching services.
What if I want to get out of a coaching relationship after I have started?
My intent with coaching is that my clients make demonstrable progress after each coaching session in whatever they are working on; and that they are getting a return on their coaching investment. If that is not the case, clients will have the ability to cancel our coaching relationship and receive a refund on any coaching sessions they have paid for in advance.
What results can I expect, if I invest in coaching with Jeff Schuster?
Results vary from client to client based on their stated goals in our coaching relationship. In coaching business owners, most of my clients achieve financial results in considerable excess of fees they pay me as their coach. My clients improve their business finances by improving in one or multiple areas of my 5-Part Formula for Business Success; which includes: Increasing Leads, Converting more Leads to Paying Customers, Increasing the transaction size for each customer, Improving their pricing, or Increasing their profitability.
Other results for my clients include: vision clarity, leadership skills, stopping micro-management, communication skills, work/life balance, life enjoyment, ability to delegate, and highly functioning organizations.
What is the JSBC eLearning Coaching Platform?
Most business owners are broke. Even if a business is surviving, it is rarely thriving the way it ought to. The JSBC eLearning Coaching Platform is a robust resource for any business owner who wants to make a dramatic difference in the financial performance of their business. The primary focus of the eLearning Coaching Platform is Sales and Marketing and helps my clients dramatically improve their financial situation immediately.
The JSBC eLearning Coaching Platform can be used in several ways in my coaching relationships:
- Used as a template to guide 1-on-1 coaching homework assignments and objectives.
- Used as an online, virtual training tool without 1-on-1 coaching
- Used as a 1-year sequential education resource for anyone wanting to learn business fundamentals.
The JSBC eLearning Coaching Platform has over 125-Sales, Marketing and Profit-Building lessons that contain four components:
- Fundamentals: Business fundamental principles of Lead Generation, Lead Conversion, Transaction Size, Pricing and Profit Building.
- Strategies: Strategies to use to accomplish any of the 5-Part Formula to Business Success
- Tactics: Specific instructions on how you implement each strategy
- Resources: Example documents, advertisements, web-pages, and other material that you can either copy or use as your own.
When enrolled each client completes an online questionnaire that creates a Roadmap to guide my clients through the lessons that will be most impactful for them.
If you want a more detailed guide of the JSBC eLearning Coaching Platform, please watch this 36-minute video.
What happens in a typical coaching session?
A typical coaching session is conducted over the phone. However, personal meetings can be arranged, if clients are located in the Denver Metropolitan area. Each coaching session lasts 1-hour and has three components: 1) Debrief Homework; 2) Work; and 2) Assign Homework.
- Debrief Homework (5-min): We will review the homework assignment from the previous session to see how it went and the results that the client experienced. There is no judgement in this phase of the session.
- Work (50-min): At the start of this section, I ask the same question each time, “What would you like to work on today?” My clients then tell me what they want to work on in their business. On rare occasions, they ask me to identify the topic that will help them best. We then dig into the topic and uncover any external or internal opportunities for growth. This is the place where epiphanies take place.
- Assign Homework (5-min): Based on the results of the Work, homework is assigned that integrates with the operation of my client’s business. This homework is designed to move my client forward in their business in whatever ways they have identified in the Work section.
My clients make progress from session to session through this system of accountability and epiphanies about how they can think and act differently as leaders of their business. This change in thinking results in improved financial results, better workplace environments for employees, and a dramatically improved home life.
If you have a question I didn't answer above, ask away...
Making choices can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be. I have listed three common problems I see people struggling with when they must CHOOSE. I have also listed three ways to create amazing choices regardless of what obstacles you face in choosing.
Ian started out as a successful engineer until he decided he wanted to grow a business. While he had dreamed of making more money than he had as an independent consultant; he found that he had no money, little time for himself, and was working himself to death.
Five years after Carlos graduated with his degree in Business Management, he still seemed to be going from dead-end job to dead-end job. Until he finally decided he couldn’t go to one more job interview without discovering why he was not achieving his dream of owning a successful business. Then Coach Russ taught Carols, what climbing ladders and achieving dreams had in common.